Australian Sun Clay
Air hardening clay – no need for firing – Dries Hard under the Australian Sun!!!
We now stock two types of Sun Clay – White and Terra Cotta.
Self hardening artist clay for school, home, arts and crafts. Safe, multi-purpose and economical. Just like other high quality Walker & Feeneys Clay, Sun Clays are great for modelling, throwing, sculpting and thousands of hobby projects. The cure for shrinking school budgets, Sun Clay’s self-hardening formula saves the hassle and expense of kiln firing, while producing a finished product which dries leather hard in 24 hours and rock hard within several days (actual drying time varies with temperature, humidity and thickness of clay). Decorate with acrylic paints. Must be sealed with a commercial water sealant to waterproof.
- Suitable for throwing, coiling and sculpting.
- Allow for some shrinkage.
- Air dries quite well.
- Do not Fire!
- Store in an air-tight container until work is completed.
- Uniform thickness is desirable.
- Not suitable for functional ware
- Finish with acrylic paints.
- Must be sealed with a commercial water sealantto waterproof.
- Dries White to Light Grey or Red / Brown